Are you in the market for a safe baby monitor that does not rely on Wifi? If you are or just doing research on secure video baby monitors, this article will provide you with detailed reviews and a buying guide on how to choose the best non-wifi baby monitor.
What is a non-wifi baby monitor?
A non-wifi baby monitor is a device that helps you keep an eye on your baby without using an internet connection by utilizing DECT or FHSS transmission technology. This type of monitor uses either 1.9 GHz or 2.4GHz frequency to transmit audio and video between the camera and receiver.
The advantage of this is that it creates a closed network that can not be hacked into like wifi-enabled devices. In addition, the range is much greater for these types of monitors, up to 900 feet!
Features to consider when choosing the best non-wifi baby monitor:
- Battery life: Go for baby monitors that come with high-capacity batteries that can last the entire night, or at least 7 hours. Some recent non-wifi baby monitor brands such as VAVA and Eufy have high 4000 mAh battery capacity that can last for up to 24 hours especially when used partly on eco-mode.
- Video quality: Most non-wifi baby monitors in the market use HD 720P resolution or even higher. This is important to consider because you want to be able to see your baby clearly, day or night. In addition, some brands offer color night vision while others are black and white.
- Audio quality: Consider the audio quality of the baby monitor before making a purchase. Some brands offer clear two-way talk that can help soothe your baby from a distance. In addition, good quality monitors should have low noise emission to help you hear your baby crying without any distractions.
- Range: The range is an important factor to consider because you want to make sure you are getting a monitor that will work in your home. The average range for most non-wifi baby monitors is about 900 feet, but some brands boast up to 1500 feet!
- Auto night vision: This is a nice feature to have because it automatically switches to night vision when it gets dark, so you can always see your baby no matter what time it is.
- Ease of use: Consider how easy the monitor is to set up and use. Some brands are easier than others, so make sure to do your research before making a purchase.
- Price: Non-wifi baby monitors can range in price from $30 to $300. It is important to consider your budget when making a purchase.
- Mounting: Some monitors come with mounting hardware so you can easily mount it to the wall or a dresser. This is a nice feature to have if you want to keep the monitor out of the way.
- Encrypted signals: This is an important feature to consider because it means that your signal is safe from hackers.
- Additional features: Some monitors come with additional features such as temperature sensors, lullabies, and two-way talk. These are nice features to have, but not necessary.
Now that you know what to look for in a non-wifi baby monitor, let’s take a look at some of the best ones on the market.
Reviews of Best Baby Monitors without Wifi
Infant Optics DXR 8 Pro
The Infant Optics DXR 8 Pro Baby Monitor is one of the best non-wifi baby monitors on the market because it utilizes secure FHSS transmission and encypts its audio and visual signals in transit. You are guaranteed that the signals would not be hijacked by hackers during transit.
The Infant Optics DXR 8 Pro is the latest baby monitor from the company, and it features some major improvements over older models. The most notable of these is the patent-pending Active Noise Reduction Feature, which filters out background noises so you can hear your baby more clearly.
This is perfect for parents who live in a busy city or have noisy neighbors, as it removes unwanted sound from fans, air purifiers, humidifiers, air conditioners, static and more. In addition to this, the Ultra Clear Video Quality offers high definition 720P video resolution playback.
The Infant Optics DXR 8 Pro is a high-end baby monitor that features a large 5″ screen, improved LCD display, and full viewing control.
With pan/tilt/zoom capabilities, interchangeable lenses, and up to 6x zoom, the DXR 8 Pro provides parents with a clear view of their child from any angle. The monitor also features 1000mW of audio power for louder volume and crisper sound playback.
- • Clear two-way talk
- • Low noise emission
- • Auto night vision
- • Easy to use
- It is secure with FHSS technology and encrypted signals
- No app connection
- Does not record videos
I will continue to add non-wifi baby monitors on this list. Please check back soon.
In the meantime, you can read these reviews of top non-wifi monitors.